Friday, August 9, 2013

Back to School: Fall Baby Gear


You know it's that time of year again when all the commercials have catchy tunes + adorable kids decked out in the coolest Fall fashions.  I have always LOVED this time of year, well, besides the summer ending part.  The excitement of a new pair of tennis shoes, jeans, and jacket seemed to make even a catholic uniform-wearing girl happy. Even if it meant wearing that new outfit in 90 degree+ temps. 

Now fast forward to the part were I am the parent, or soon-to-be I should say.  My poor Hudson.  He is going to be my dress up doll until we are potentially blessed with a baby girl one day.  I pledge to never intentionally embarrass him, clothing or otherwise, and will always have his best interest in mind.  Call me materialistic, but fashion is one bad habit of mine that I will have a hard time giving up ... at the very least, I will switch my wants/needs over to my children.  It is all a balancing game, right? A recent visit to Nordstrom + Nordstrom Rack was an eye-opening experience.  Instead of shopping for myself I went straight to the baby section and loved every second of it!  Sigh.

So here are some of my top baby boy picks for Fall.  Yes, before I begin, I realize a few things:

  • babies don't go to school, so back-to-school time is still years away (duh, I know this people)
  • babies don't/shouldn't wear shoes for some time because of foot development and the fact that they aren't really walking, but figure a few pairs can't hurt.  Will still wait until we have an idea of his foot size/growth stats.
  • the whole coat thing - who knows how often we will actually get out when it's cold; however, we will be prepared for all types of weather just in case!


SHOES

Of course I turn to one of my favorite brands when shopping for my babe!  Check out these adorable leather shoes.     
Zara Baby - Lined Winter Hightop Sneaker ($35.90)
                                                    
Another fashionable, less pricey brand to turn to for baby fashion: H&M.
Loving on these gray H&M Baby Hightop Sneakers ($12.95)

We all know personalization ups the price, and for baby, it makes hand-me-downs tough.  I will have a hard time passing these chuck taylors up, but will be holding off on ordering/sizing until Hudson is walking (start at size 4 - so anywhere from 10 months +; $80)

CLOTHING


Just like maternity clothes, baby boy clothing has far surpassed my expectations - everything is adorable!  The key for me so far has been knowing when and where to buy.  I am sure my opinion will change slightly about the when part once Hudson arrives.  Fingers crossed the sizing and seasons match up on purchases!

Once you pick up your basics from Target, check out these stores for seasonal options:
This WEEKEND is the time to shop Gap Baby and stock up on Fall trends; 30% off through August 11th using the code GAPFRIENDS

Yes, H&M Baby has the cutest most hip wear around all for a great price.  Loving this little cutie's outfit!


Next stop, head over to Nordstrom Rack for the following brands:
Wendy Bellissimo coats and outfit sets are both swoon-worthy + masculine.  The price point at Nordstrom Rack saves you around 50%, just be sure to buy ahead of the season to ensure first dibs.  This blazer/hoodie combo is the perfect mix of preppy + laid back.
Little Me is a popular brand with lots of cute outfit sets for Fall.  The best part about buying a set is you can mix & match or wear as is. 
This military jacket from Peek's Little Peanut line is so cute!  Maybe too cute - made my first baby clothing mistake, it is listed as a girls coat online, although I assure you it was with boy stuff.  Hope Hudson can forgive me.  It was on sale and seemed boyish enough to me!

If you don't have time to hunt deals at the stores, sign up for a Zulily account and look for my favorite brands:

There are few things cuter than a little boy wearing a collared shirt.  Beetle & Thread is a line exclusively for boys and it is on Zulily from time to time.  
Beetle & Thread is also available at BuyBuyBaby.  Found this turquoise Toggle Parka over 50% at the Overland Park location a few weeks ago.

                                               
Angel Dear is an adorable line of clothing + plush accessories.  Definitely skews away from the trends and gets back to the traditional baby.  I found this piece on Zulily months ago and can't wait to snuggle with Hudson while he is wearing it.
Hope you find Fall clothing shopping just as fun as I do, especially now that you are in the know when it comes to baby brands. :)  Now back to the countdown until my little dress up doll/model arrives ... 5 (to 8) days - yipeeeee!  I love you, baby Hudson.

No comments:

Post a Comment