Monday, July 29, 2013

And the days go by ...

There is a full-term baby in there!  Just one babe though, contrary to what Hudson's cousin Carson thinks. :)

The countdown is on, Baby Hudson should be here in 17 days if his due date (August 15th) is accurate.  Statistically speaking only 5-8% of babies are born on their actual due dates.  My money is either on August 2nd, the 13th, or if he is late, the 20th.  I'm hoping for the 2nd so Uncle Jake can meet Hudson before he heads to college.

Today's 37/38 week check-up included our final sonogram.  Hudson was very calm, as always, and had his little hands covering his face most of the time.  Measurements are on track for a healthy delivery.  Stats include 7 lbs 6 oz estimated weight, with a head circumference of 33 cm.  The sonogram technician told me his head is slightly larger than average and that his femur (leg bone) is long.  From here on out, Hudson should gain about 6 oz a week, which will put him just under the 9 lb mark on his due date.

Check out those sweet lips (and as Auntie Meg says, his cute button nose)!
Have to use your imagination a bit on this one ... he turned his head a bit so you can see his right cheek, eye, and his nose.
The baby's birth weight is suppose to correlate to what the mom was, yet boys tend to weigh more girls.  I can only hope he comes out in the low 8 lb range like me!  Not too worried though.  If there is anything to learn from my mom's delivery with me it is to let go of any potential stress.  Not only will anxiety cause the baby to stay put, the chances of intervention go up.  The one thing I am pretty adamant about in my birth plan is not using forceps or vacuum to pull him out, and it turns out I was a forcep baby! So funny.  Knowing that eases my fears a little bit, although I'd still prefer as little intervention as possible.

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks, as well as Hudson's sonogram pictures.  So in love with this little guy and his loving, handsome dad.  I've been dreaming of two days since I was 16 years old - marrying Adam, my high school sweetheart, and the day we welcomed our first child into our lives.  Very blessed these days.  Just need to keep reminding myself that patience truly is a virtue, and that second day will be here before I know it!
Celebrating Jake's 19th birthday!
Celebrating 36 weeks.  Thursdays are definitely my favorite day of the week since it's our weekly milestone. 

Adam + I enjoying time with friends at The Well for Ali (Mullin) Weber's birthday! {37 weeks, 2 days}

No comments:

Post a Comment