Monday, November 11, 2013

Lucky Girl

This past week I had a bit of a panic moment once Halloween passed.  Not only had the quick hustle and bustle of the seasons begun, but I was nearing three months postpartum.  Pre-pregnancy I always thought at three months I would be back in my size 6 jeans and ready to run a half marathon.  While that isn't the case just yet, I was starting to feel like myself again which was an amazing feeling (mostly in part to Hudson napping and sleeping well at night). The amazing feeling turned to a lump in my throat while noticing the months of work I had let slip past for another day.  Chores were piling up as fast as the Fall leaves.  The days were getting shorter and the chill in the air had arrived which translated to more time indoors with my sweet babe who wanted to get out and see things.

You know when it takes you days to compile your to-do list you are in trouble.  My mother knew I was close to letting anxiety get the best of me and she swooped in at the right time.  That's what mother's do, right?  They know when you are close to tears, when you need a nap, and when a trip to the grocery store can keep you from throwing a tantrum. :)  My mom did what she has been doing for decades, she stepped in as the perfect Mother and Mimi when I needed her most.

So last week not only did I knock through lots of to-do's on Monday, but I did on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all thanks to a Mimi who knew how important it is to give Hudson lots of attention, and a Mom who knew with a little encouragement her daughter could feel like she was capable of moving mountains (i.e. mountains of laundry, donation boxes, and storing newborn clothes, and organizing more "stuff" than I knew was possible).

Lucky is what my mind tells me but my heart is really saying grateful.  When I reflect at night about the day, grateful is the word I use to describe how thankful I am for the life I've been given, and work hard to be ever present of, especially now that Baby Hudson is in our world.

Thank you, mom, for being such a wonderful role model.  Hudson thinks you are pretty special too.

Halloween Block Party on Mimi + Papa's street 
It's hard not to snuggle with babe during nap time. :) 
Hudson's first official race; the Buck O'Neil run/walk

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Ali, I can totally relate to this right now. Although I still have yet to knock much off my to-do-list. Such a great mama you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, sweet post for your sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete